Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sugar Glider Pouch



Well, I'm back again! My husband recently purchased a sugar glider, and she came with a cage, a pouch, and a few other items. However, hubby was having some issues getting Ms. Jullian (the previous owner had originally thought she was a "he", and named her after King Jullian from Madagascar) out of her bag, and, in frustration, said, "Why don't you make something for her?" I also plan on attempting to make some toys for her, but for now, she has a new bag! Rather stylish too, I might add.

Pattern wise......I stole the base from a pattern that was already created, and then just went crazy on my own. I used single crochet and every 5th row was half double crochet, to give it some texture. The very last row I did double crochet to give it that last little bit of height. The strings were chained up and single crocheted down, then slip stitched until I reached where I wanted my next string. Seeing as the straps are crocheted into the piece, there's no way Ms. Jullian can separate the strings from her pouch. I hope she starts using it soon! If and when she does, I'll have to try and get some pictures of her in it for you all. She's absolutely adorable!

UPDATE! She uses it now!!!


1 comment:

  1. It's great your back. Thank you for sharing this nice pics, they are really cute. Love your sugar as you love your husband.

    ReplyDelete